Monday, November 1, 2010

Magical Monday - Be Thankful

This week the challenge at Paper Cupcakes is by Jessie , "Be Thankful", is to create a Thanksgiving card or Thank you card.  I've used this image by Nina (Oh Dear, It's Christmas) in the past and just love coloring it. I think it's just so sweet and sends a message of friendship. This thank you note will be included on a homemade goodie bag to a very special friend of mine. Glad she doesn't have a computer so she can't sneak a peek........LOL  Be sure you take the time to see the wonderful creations by the design team to inspire you to join us this week at Paper Cupcakes.

Can you believe it's the first of November............YIKES........ where did this year go? A few more blinks of the eyes and it will be 2011. Time passes so quickly when we get older. Enjoy each precious day and moment of your life, especially during the holiday season and time spent with family.

Card was super simple this week, cut out on the Cricut using Bag, Tag, Boxes & More.  The paper and embellishments are from my stash and the image was colored with Copics.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. Don't forget to leave me a comment so I can come by and visit to see what's new on your blog.
Looking forward to seeing your creation for the challenge at Paper Cupcakes this week.
"Hugs" Carol

14 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

What a sweet card Carol!! I can just see it through the snow LOL! Love this blog background .

Nilla said...

Oh, this is adorable! Just love it! And wow a lot of snow, so glad it's only in your blog, LOL! Hugs Nilla

craftieodmae said...

I love your card (your blog too), man this card is gorgeous!!!! Snow will be falling before we know it and I am never ready!

Thea said...

Love the new look of your blog, and absolutely love the Paper Cupcakes image. Yes, Christmas is just around the corner, and your blog has definitely put me in the mood!

Dru said...

Hi Carol - First off - I LOVE your new blog look - inspires me to get busy with mine - I had snow and liked it so much kept it up all year, but when I got the new blogger background for some reason it did not show anymore - anyway, your is beautiful and so Christmasy. And your card is really beautiful, I love the soft colors and your coloring is just perfect! Hugs, Dru - sorry for the long comment - LOL!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is just adorable... so precious!

Unknown said...

Hi Carol....Your blog site is about as close as I'm going to get to seeing snow. I've never seen snow in real life, although the season totally has me hopping with excitement as I adore all creations that have snow in them. I'm liking the new look and think your one clever chooky.
Awesome card and your friend is so lucky.
*Hugs*

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a precious one this is! Thanks for sharing it and thanks for your sweet comment for my blog! : )

Selma said...

Love this super cute card Card. Nina always has such cute images. I love your new blog look. I can never figure out how to get cute things like this on mine. You asked about my niece -- she passed away shortly after my post. She dearly loved receiving all the cards she received from around the world. It was so nice for everyone to brighten up the last weeks of her life.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is so cute Carol, and the soft colours are perfection. Fabulous flowers too - your friend will LOVE it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Carol, love the colouring of the image and your beautiful flowers. Love the look of your Christmassy blog its super.

Pat xx

Patti P. said...

Carol, I adore your new look and the falling snow. Your card is so adorable and this is a lovely image. When I first saw it on the TMITA blog I thought of how cute would this card be for our Christmas thank you's. May have to case this, if you wouldn't mind. Tfs and hope you have a great week.

Unknown said...

wow Carol
I love your card this is something
and I love all so your blog
I do not like snow out doors but I like the snow on your bolg very pretty

Nina said...

Carol this is is just stunning and beautiful! I love the softness your brought to this image with the ivory and the sof blues and whites. Makes a lovely thank you card! Looked over all your other lovely creations as well and I am thankful to have met you though this craft that we all love! Thanks for being such a wonderful DT member for me.