Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dry Embossing Challenge at For Fun

The challenge at For Fun this week is to use dry embossing on your project, any kind, anywhere, as long as something is dry embossed. You want to make sure you stop by the challenge blog to see all the wonderful creations and inspiration by the design time just for you.

For some reason this was a hard card for me to do cause I really don't do much dry embossing even though there are LOTS of Cuttlebug embossing folders available but I never know what to do with them once they are embossed. Most of my cards are 6" x 6" and the embossed folders won't do a whole page. OH well, I got it done and I kinda like it.

I've been seeing some beautiful white on white cards and wanting to do one, thanks to Olga and Patti for the inspiration. Yep, it's white even though it looks grey. I've either got to get a light box or get a new camera.......ggggggrrrrr. Maybe after the holidays.

Supplies used:
  • Swiss dot and ??? Cuttlebug folders
  • White card stock
  • Gold Spica pen to outline the houses
  • White lace from Really Reasonable Ribbons
  • MS Snowflake punch
  • Snowflakes and dots covered with stickles
That's it from me today. Hope you stop by the For Fun Challenge Blog and enter your card for the challenge this week.  If you have time to leave me a comment it will be much appreciated and I'll be over to see what's new on your blog. Thanks so much for stopping by.
I appreciate you much more than you know. 
"Hugs" Carol

17 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so pretty & sooo Christmasy Carol - I love it!

Hope you're having a great week ;)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

craftieodmae said...

Hope all is well with you & your hubby! Your card is beautiful!

Rach said...

hey it's snowing.. :)
love your card honey, it is gorgeous...xxxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing GF! Absolutely gorgeous and your embossing is perfection!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!! Love your elegant white and embossed creation here!! Gorgeous job with the challenge!! HUGS

Annika said...

This could NOT be more festive or elegant! Absolutely love it - and I'm a sucker for lace!!
Hugs
Annika

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Carol!!!

Eulanda said...

oooooohhh this is sooo very serene pretty and I like the white on white. The dry embossing looks great too but I'm with you. I don't do it much either and it looks really nice so I don't know why not. LOL!

Unknown said...

Carol
yor card is very pretty like how you did this
I have this folder and never use it, now I can do a card like this , very pretty card, thank for showing
take care,have a very good day

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card - love all the white and sparkly details :o) Lisa x

Helen Dooley said...

This is so cute. I love the white on white cards. I also like how you made the city gold.

Selma said...

Hi Carol. Just love coming over to your blog. Just went through your last posts and just love all your work. Your white embossed card is gorgeous.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card... love the white on white with the touch of gold.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card... love the white on white with the touch of gold.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, this is a gorgeous card. Love the all white and that lace and snowflakes are just beautiful. Lovely job!
Amelia x

Unknown said...

Simply, Elegant and soooo pretty. You did a fantastic job on this card Carol. *Hugs*

Laura said...

WOWZERS!!This is stunning.I have to case this one.