Monday, September 14, 2009

WOJ Challenge #47 Update

Sorry I didn't get the post completed earlier, but as I said, it was a ZOO around here today. Would have been an ideal day to be working with my WOJ Animal stamps that have not been inked yet.........LOL

I tried something new by taking a piece of 12 x 12 paper (I just loved the colors in this paper and the glitz), scoring and folding it to make the 6 x 6 card. This kept it from becoming soooooo heavy by the time it was ready to mail and cut down on the time it took to do the inside of the card. Messed up my copic coloring on the inside image and decided to salvage it by just cutting it out with a round Spellbinders die, embossed and matted. The right inside note area was diecut, again using Spellbinders. One thing I just noticed is that I forgot to put leaves around the flowers.........DUH

Stopped in Hobby Lobby today with my 40% off coupon and got another couple of Nesties I just couldn't pass up. While there I noticed that they had their dwarf flower bushes on sale half price so I picked up a bunch of roses of each available color. Tonight I popped the roses off (various sizes on one bush) and cut the leaves off to start using on my cards. I'm so excited because you can add Shimmerz, stickles, dew drops or anything to them without discoloring them.

I've got to try and get a couple more cards done for some challenges I really want to try and get in before the deadline.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come again soon.
"Hugs" Granny

No comments: