Monday, September 21, 2009

Sweet Shop Saturday Challenge SSS22



For some reason, I'm really into Christmas cards right now. Maybe it's because the holidays are my favorite time of the year. Maybe it's because my husband has terminal cancer and was just diagnosed this week with Alzheimers, but whatever the reason, it gives me something beautiful and positive to focus on. I flipped it below hoping you could see the beautiful background paper and the foil scrolls embedded in the paper.  I love the black and red combo but I'm not sure about the tan yet.......LOL


This card is for the challenge this week over at The Sweet Shop .  I love the sketch and it didn't take too much time at all to complete.  Here are a list of the items I used to create the card.  I hope you enjoy!

Paper: K&C Winter Wonderland Pack, tan & black are from my stash, the ornaments were stamped on Cryogen paper from the Papertempress; Spellbinders Large octagon Scalloped, Large Octagon, and Classic Scalloped Rectangle small; sentiment is from House Mouse; Offray red ribbon; Swarovski red crystals were used on the ornaments with glass red gems used on the rest of the card; Copic Lipstick (this is a deeper red than the "red") and Pitch Black Spica Pens were from Merriartist; poinsettias were from my stash.

TIP:  I'm sure most of you are probably aware of this but I always have to find things out the hard way. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment then ran it through the Cuttlebug.  Guess what, the embossing came off and I had to redo it, so I cut the die first, stamped the sentiment, and then heat embossed.

Please leave me a comment and any tips you would like to share.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see  you again soon.

"Hugs" Granny

3 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ohhhhh - this is so beautiful. The colour combo. is fabulous - love the papers and the baubles.
Great to find another crafting Granny in Blogland!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Cherry said...

Lovely card Granny. I spend a lot of my time re-doing things too, sometimes I get a happy accident too! Great blog will come again. Come and visit me - I have candy at the mo too. Hugs Cherry (Blodwyn3) XXX

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant memory has become in our every day lives. It's like everywhere I turn, I see something with a card slot or USB jack . I guess it makes sense though, considering how much more afforable memory has become lately...

Ahhh... who am I to complain. I can't make it through a single day without my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted using BPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)