Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Belated New Year

Popping in to wish all of my friends and bloggers in blogland a Very Happy New Year.

It's a good thing I don't make New Year resolutions cuz I'd already broken one and it's only January 3rd ....LOL  No card today as I'm really off schedule.  My son and his wife just left this evening as did my husband's son. They came in Thursday since they didn't make it for Christmas and it's been crazy around here.  We've been shopping, out to dinner and a party to ring in the new year. A big New Year's day with friends over and buffet to watch the Rose Bowl and some football. Then yesterday was the Chief's last regular season home game. Today was shopping again with our crafting coupons to Hobby Lobby and Michael's. It's our 24th wedding anniversary so we spent the day just messing around with the kids.
Tomorrow is my birthday, my God my body is getting old but I still think I'm 40......LOL The only thing I asked for was at least a partial day in my craftroom with no interruptions........like that's gonna happen!  It will probably be total chaos again around here.

My daughter-in-law was teasing me today about the man behind us in line for dinner last Friday night. She said he spoke to his wife about that old lady texting and he just couldn't understand why an old lady would be texting on a cell phone (he must have been older than me).  Actually, I was texting my daugher and hubby that their dinner was paid for and to come in through the double doors instead of going through the long waiting line. I had to laugh and told her he just needs to get with the program, you are as old as you want to be.  With this little tidbit my friends I'm calling it a night.

Will be back tomorrow evening with some challenge posts and hope to see ya then.
"Hugs" Carol (Granny)

2 comments:

Selma said...

Love your story Carol. I know what you mean about it being hectic. All our company is now gone and hope to be able to concentrate on creating again! HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear friend. Hope you get your wish. Funny story about texting - I agree, you are only as old as you want to be.

Helen Dooley said...

Wishing you a great birthday. I hope you had a nice day.
HUGS~