Sunday, January 16, 2011

Elizabeth Bell World Challenge


My last post was the card you are seeing for the Bells'n Whistles Challenge this week and also for the EB World Challenge.  In this submission I've added the gift box for the EBWC. 
The challenge is ANYTHING WINTER
Maybe a gift for someone or a gift bag plus a card.
Be CREATIVE!
You really need to check this out because the DTs have some awesome inspiration to share with you.

I've been wanting to make a medallion for ages so I used the same papers I used on the card cuz I just love that sparkle and these colors.  Not an easy task due to the thickness of the Reminisce DP but I kinda like how it turned out for my first one.  I followed the tutorial from Becca Feeken at Amazing Paper Grace. She works magic with Spellbinder Dies.  Here is the link to the tutorial from January 2009. Ya think I'm a little behind in trying this? ...LOL  Next time I'm going to add more ruffles.

The box is from Michael's covered with Bazzill and Reminisce DP.  I added ribbon around the sides of the box then attached snowflakes (in keeping with the card theme).  I used Grape Ice Stickles for the brad in the center of the medallion and around the 3 edges of the top of the box.

If you want to see the details on the card, please scroll down to the previous post.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and I sure hope to see you again soon. If you have the time to leave me a comment I'll be over to see what's new on  your blog ASAP.
"Hugs" Carol

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally a "WOW" creation! So very pretty! Love all the sparkle on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Carol, this is so very stunning my friend!! I love your gift box and your gorgeous colors and sparkle!! Fabulous job!! We thank you for joining in the Elisabeth Bell's World challenge this month!! Hope you play along in the blog hop too!! :) HUGS

Annika said...

oh my, this looks such a tricky and delicate job but what a wonderful result! Love it!
Hugs
Annika

Kiki said...

Simply fantastic!!! Love the pruple on the white background. And this hugh flower - gorgeous!

Thanks so much for joining us at our EBW challenge.

Hugs, Kiki

Janiel/ janny said...

STUNNING project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wear I left a comment on this before but it must have gotten lost.. LOL........

Beautiful work of art!!
Thank you for joining us at Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge!!
hugs, Janiel

Pysselbus said...

Ohhhh, this is sooo stunning!! Love the image and the colors!! *wow* Fantastic!!

Thank's for joining us at EB World and good luck!

Hugs
Linda

Jodi said...

Beautiful card and gift box!! I love the lavendar you used!! Very sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Renkata said...

wow Carol this is so elegant and gorgeous box and the card is simply adorable with this precious image.
Thanks for the lovely comment.
Renkata