Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CCAYR Inspiration Post

This is my last post as guest designer for Christmas Cards All Year Round Challenge Blog.  The challenge for April was something oval (rememberance of Easter) and ribbon.  I've loved being a GD for CCAYR and will continue to play in their challenges.  I have a good head start now on Christmas Cards and hope some of you got the chance to play along with us.

Here I used papers from CM (metallic gold) and from Imaginescue.  The image is colored with Copics and is an Elizabeth Bell image purchased at Whiff of Joy a few years ago.  The snowflakes were cut out with an MS snowflake punch and covered in Star Dust Stickles  The center medallion is a Spellbinder's die with ribbon from stash laced through the openings in the die.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have the time to join in on the challenge blog at CCAYR this month.  I know it's not close to Christmas and spring has just sprung BUT Christmas will be here before ya know it and yes, the cold weather will then be upon us again......EEK
"Hugs" Carol

15 comments:

Rufus said...

Lovely card! I'd never much liked that Spellbinders die, but with the ribbon you've threaded through it, I DO like it!
R/

may-chu said...

lovely card, it's so original and pretty.
May xx

craftieodmae said...

WOW! You sort of out done your self didn't ya, this is gorgeous! Love the ribbon treatment, the image and of course your coloring!!!! Have a good one my friend, take care.

Unknown said...

wow very pretty like how you use the spellbinder with the ribbon
very pretty color all so
have a good day
HUGS

Patti P. said...

ooh, this is a fav....love your colors and that ribbon treatment is genius. What an adorable image. I'm glad you had a great time working with them this month, you did an awesome job!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh.... this is out of this world awesome! So pretty!

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Carole and love the way you used the ribbon, great image too, you have inspired me to start my Xmas cards.
Hugs Linda

Angelica Turner said...

Beautiful card, amazing coloring on the image and love how you threaded the ribbon around the diecut.

Penny-lee-R said...

That adorable hon! and I love the easter card beneath as well, very cute!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Carol, What a fabulous Christmas card - the ribbon stitching is so beautiful, and I love the colouring on the image. Have a happy day ~ hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Sudha said...

Wow, pretty creation.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Beautiful card Carol, love the ribbon around the oval and the cute image.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is really beautiful Carol!! I love the shimmer gold and the colors look fabulous!! Sorry for my lack of commenting...just a crazy week!! Hope all is well!! HUGS

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh how pretty!! I really like the ribbon weaved through the die.

Anonymous said...

http://www.filmradar.com/member/83701/
i have about 3 viruses that are complete pain in the asses and i have been trying to get rid of them in vain for about 2 weeks. i really dont want to deal with it anymore so i was wondering how to do that operation where the computer is set back to its original factory settings and the hard drive is competely cleaned. my dad has been saying something about needing a disk to do this but im pretty sure ive seen my brother reset his computer without it. also, should doing this completely get rid of the viruses? thanks in advance