This snowman with the "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" wish is just so fun and cute. Well, you can get him at the challenge blog this week and if you do, you could win 4 of Nina's images by playing along this week at Paper Cupcakes. Hop on over to the challenge blog and join in with us. We have a fantastic challenge brought to you by our lovely DT member Due Cabral. You are to make a traditional Christmas card using red and green. Now it can't get any easier than that so come on over, grab the free image and let's see your red and green card. The design team have some wonderful eye candy for you to get your mojo going.
I've made a Christmas oranament and attached to the front of this card for someone very special, far away, and always in my thoughts. Can't tell ya who cause every now and then she pops in to see what's going on with my blog......lol This was really fun to make and I love this image.
Goodies used to make this card:
- Image - Merry Christmas Snowman by Nina of Paper Cupcakes and combined it with a digital wreath from Nana Vic - I joined the digital wreath with Nina's image then cut out around the inside of the snowman and the edges of the wreath - behind the snowman is a beautiful white glitzy paper so it looks like snow and is shiney. It is Snowfall by Reminisce.
- DP is from my stash and I don't have a clue where I got it last year - love the glitz and shine to it though so I hope you can see the beauty of the paper
- Spellbinder's circle dies
- Ribbon from stash and Bow Easy to make bow
- Colored with Copics - Holly Berry Stickles added to his gloves, mittens and band on his hat.
Didn't do a lot of embellishments with this because I wanted the image and the paper to be the main focus of the card but after looking it does need more since I'm a more is never enough......lol
At this time I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the design team at Paper Cupcakes. We will be taking a break through the holidays and this will be our last challenge until January 10, 2011. The new year will bring new images and some wonderful new challenges with lots of goodies for you. I'll be back with a new challenge on January 10th.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you like what you see here and have the time to leave me a comment so I'll be sure to come visit and see what's new with you and your blog.
Happy Holidays from our house to your house.