Friday, December 17, 2010

LOTV Sketch Challenge + 3 Other Challenges

Been a busy week what with trying to get some shopping done, baking, and finishing decorating the house.
Meeting myself coming and going just like everyone else. So, my cardmaking got put on the back burner this week.  I have been coloring a bunch of new images I received this week and now finding the time to make a card with them would be wonderful...lol

The challenge this week at LOTV is a sketch challenge by Dena and the closing date isn't until December 29th at 6pm. There is still lots of time to join in.
The image I used is by LOTV from the Merry Christmas Set 4.  Glitter DP is from my stash of last year and the other DPs are Cranberry and Evergreen by Creative Memories.  MS Lattic Punch was used for the two strips with the loops being doused in Xmas Red Stickles.  I did cut out some of the Christmas ornaments from the DP and used them as embellishmenets along with poinsettias and leaves with red center brads covered in the red Stickles.  The sentiment on the ornament is also from my stash and I have no idea where I got it.... Can't remember some things 5 minutes ago little lone a year ago.....lol

Forgot to let you all know that I stepped down from the For Fun team and last week was my last challenge card. I will definitely be missing my team mates and the "FUN" challenges every week but keeping in close touch with a bunch of awesome ladies. This is Amelia and Tracey's last week, Lisa will be staying on till the end of December and Pauline will be staying on for next year.  Helen is looking to create a new team so if you are interested please be sure to let her know.  You can find the information here.

I am also entering this card for the following challenges:
Stamp With Fun - Anything Christmas
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Christmas Cards
Tip Top Tuesday Challenge  - Christmas Inspired

I plan to get some more cards made before Christmas and get them posted.  Hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of the year as I know I'm lovin it.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and I hope you'll leave me a comment so I'll come by and visit to see your latest lovely creations.
"Hugs" Carol

12 comments:

Rufus said...

Love this image and you did a great job with it!
R/

Jamie said...

What an adorable card, love the glitter. I also love how it's SNOWING on your blog! I saw both of your comments on my penguin card-- the penguin is made from mulberry paper, the pattern and some excellent instructions are available from thebearyscrap.com so check out their website for materials. Kimm has lots of great patterns, easy instructions and tools for getting those fluffy edges that make the critters look realistic. Have a happy holiday!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Wishcraft said...

Great card - love this image and all your sparkle :o) Lisa x

Stef H said...

oh how fabulous!

thank you so much for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers. most of all... thank you so much for your support and friendship during this past year. it has been MY pleasure to have met you and to consider you my friend. how blessed i am!

hugs, smiles and all my best wishes for a spectacular holiday!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one super adorable card GF! Sounds like you've been very busy.... hang in there! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Wow this is so cute I like him alot with all of his gift
thank for showing your card
it so nice to see alway what you do
have a good day

Leanne said...

What a gorgeous card!!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Christmas Inspired challenge this week - you can enter as many times as you like!

Hope to see you there!
Merry Christmas!
Leanne xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Sweet card! The falling snow on your blog is fun too. :) Thanks for playing with us at TTT!

Selma said...

This is so cute Carol - is he out delivering all your Christmas presents for you?? I feel like you -- so much to do but I love this time of year. Have a Merry Christmas sweet friend.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Carol, what a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the image and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Such a beautiful card Carol - love the adorable LOTV image, and your colouring is superb as always. Thank you for your lovely comment today - it really made me smile!! Tell hubby I love him too!!
Have a wonderful Christmas - Love and Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Eulanda said...

Awwww this is such a cute card. My favorite part?! THE GLITTER!! Merry Christmas to you!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!! HUGS!