Little longer post than normal so grab something to drink, sit back and relax so you get all the details.
This is a Mother's Day card for my granddaughter-in-law who is expecting her first child in September. I thought this Elizabeth Bell image (Pregnant Willow) from Whiff of Joy was the perfect image for this occasion. It's been a long time (at least it seems like a long time to me) since I've entered a card for a WOJ Challenge. I really loved the sketch this week and knew I wanted to use this stamp for her card. The wooden bench is also an EB image and from WOJ.
Here is the sketch by Jane at the WOJ Challenge Blog.
I kept this card pretty simple this time, rotated the sketch so my image would fit and added a few extra goodies. Trying to keep within the range of the colors of the baby's room but since I haven't seen it yet, not sure I'm really on track........lol
Here is the inside of the card and I apologize that it is so blurry but it's the best I could do. Guess the old camera decided to do it's own thing. I used the poem "A Mother's Love" by Helen Steiner Rice. It's always been one of my favorite poems.
The next entry is for the challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge "Mums the Word". I'm also entering this card in the challenge at The Paper Shelter #11 Ode to Mom's except the card will not qualify for the prize because I did not use one of their stamps. Read the rules too late!
- DP is from Ella Blue paper pack with matting SU Early Espresso
- Images by Elizabeth Bell from Whiff of Joy and colored with Copics
- Lace and flowers from WOC, lace dyed with E77 Copic, Star Dust Stickles on Flowers
- Ribbon, diamond ring and corner embellies are from my stash
- Sentiments are computer generated
- Copics used for Dress: G82, 40, & 20 highlighted with Spica Melon pen; Hair: E27, 18, 15, 09 & YR21; Skin: E21, 00 000, & R 20; Bench: E79, 77, 74, 71, 70
Thanks so very much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. Hope you have the time to leave me a comment so I'll be sure and come visit to see what's new with you and your wonderful creations.
"Hugs" Carol (Granny)