Monday, July 20, 2020

Has it really been 3 years since I've posted anything?  My life has changed so very much in the last 3 1//2 years.  My son and his significant other now live with me, at my request.  My husband has not been well and is suffering from a brain injury he received in Vietnam in the 60's.  He was blown up in a tank, more than once, and has a brain injury that did not show up until just the last 10 years.  That brain injury has caused dementia and he is no longer able to care for himself, nor am I able to care for him, as he needs around the clock care with total assistance.  Now you know why I haven't been around much.  I've spent much of my time going back and forth between the VA home and home. With Covid-19 so prevalent I can no longer go for outside visits and we are back to visiting between windows and doors and not very often.

I'm really wanting to get back into card making and crafting again.  I miss all my crafting friends and creating fun projects.  Maybe I'll even try out for a design team again just to keep me motivated.  I've got to check out what blogs are still active since I've been gone so long and what design blogs are having challenges.

I hope you'll bear with me as I  strive to get back into your world.

With much love & hugs,
Granny Carol

4 comments:

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Welcome back Carol. I missed your beautiful Christmas cards so much the past years. I am glad you are still well and am so sorry to hear about Conley. I always admire your positive outlook and calm way of handling the stumbling blocks of life. Thinking of you both and looking forward to see your creations in blog land again.

NanaConnie said...

So good to see you posting again, Carol, and blessing on you for staying the course through all the turmoil which has beset you and your family. Check out Challenges for Days - https://challengesfordays.blogspot.com/ - for daily lists of challenges and themes. :-D

Pat said...

Hi Carol so lovely to see you are blogging again and thank you for your comment. So sorry to hear about your husband and the stress the COVID-19 must be causing with not being able to get out, but glad you have your son living with you. I am looking forward to seeing your creations in the future in the meantime take care of yourself and stay safe.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

It is so good to see you back Carol and you HAVE been through a rough time, but glad your family can step in and help you, you and I both are lucky to have a caring family..and thank you for stopping by my blog and I'm looking forward to seeing your projects pop up..take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx