Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween and Google Eyes

A nice follower asked me if I'd like to participate in their challenge this week so I'm updating my post to let you all know that I am also entering this card into "Let's Craft and Create" Challenge" - Halloween
Thanks Eileen for the encouragement!

The challenge this week at For Fun is Halloween and you must use Google Eyes on your project.  Be sure you stop over at the challenge blog to see all the wonderful creations by the design team for your inpiration.

On one of my internet shopping sprees last month I saw this "Little Witch" and sentiment at the Whiff of Joy store and thought she was so cute.  I'm not one that gets too much into Halloween with all the ghouls and gothic images so I chose this for my card this week.  The DP is from one of  last year's K & Co paper packs that I didn't use as are the spider embellishments.

Copics were used to color the image and for the image background I used purple and pewter metallic rub on ink. First time I've used the Spellbinder's inverted scalloped and square dies and I think I like the way they turned out.  I also added google eyes to the bats and then colored all the eyes with YG01 a couple of times.  Grape stickles used to edge the image die and Lime Green on the spider legs.

That's all from me today and I thank you for stopping by. If you have the time to leave me a comment it will be much appreciated and I'll be sure to come visit to see what's new with you.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, love your card is cools lovely if your interested we'd love you to join in our challenges at http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/
Eileen

craftieodmae said...

you have done such a fantastic job!!!
Love the image and that spider! how's your hubby? Take care.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just as cute as can be! Absolutely adorable!

Tracey said...

I love this cute Halloween card Carol, gorgeous colours & those spiders are so cool :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Unknown said...

Carol
I like alot your google eyes card
that is so cute
i am going to try this out thank for the blog

Mandy said...

Hi Carol, thanks for joining in with our Halloween at Let's Craft and Create, your card is absolutely fab!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, Carol. I love the spiders, bats and the cute image. Great colours too!
Amelia x

Lisa said...

Hey my friend....LOVE your card this week!I really like all the extras that you added. All that sparkle, googly eyes and special metallic techniques...awesome!

xo
Lisa

Selma said...

What a cute card. That little witch is darling. Great colors too.

Heather Huggins said...

Super Cute.. Love the bats..

Eulanda said...

What a great job. Love those google eyes and super cute witch!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Carol - This little witch looks so sweet, and those googley eyes are fantastic! I love your colouring and all the scary bits! Fabulous!!
Hope Conley is making good progress - Love and Hugs to both of you, Sylvia xxxx