Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daiseys from Doodles

WooHoo----I'm so excited. I won 2 of the new golfing digi stamps with this card.
Special thanks to the DZ Doodles team.

Hope you've all had a great weekend and your weather was perfect. It's been beautiful here all weekend except the nights have been REALLY cool but then that makes for good sleeping.....

Here is my card for DZ Doodles Challenge #5, which was to find a sketch from another challenge and make a card for this challenge.  I chose the sketch from Stamp with Fun this week except I modified it somewhat and kept the card a little less embellished.  I prefer to leave the sentiments off until I'm ready to send it to someone so that it is more versatile.
Hope you like it!

Recipe: DP Basic Grey/Lime Rickey and Bazzill; Image - Basket and bouquet of daiseys from DZ Doodles, I cut out the daiseys and the basket before attaching to the spellbinder's classic circle dies with dimensionals; MS punches (new tools here) and then threaded with an 1/8" yellow ribbon from my stash; the flowers were made using an EK Success poinsettia punch then I rounded off the tips and layered 3 of the flowers and attached together with a brad after coloring with copics; Copics: G21-G24-G28, Y00-Y02-Y32-Y38, E29-E25-E35-E53. Used Copic Multiliner 003 Black to make the dots in the center of the daiseys. To complete the daiseys once they were colored, I added Sunny Sunset Shimmers to each petal.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit. Your comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. Don't  forget to click on this link if you haven't entered my First Year Anniversary Blog Candy yet.
Hope to see you again soon!!  "Hugs" Granny (Carol)

7 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Carol - those daisies are lovely!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very,very pretty! Love how your embellies match your image perfectly!

craftieodmae said...

WOWZERS! There's that garden trellis, fantastic card! the flowers I punched out comes in a whole sheet numbered 1,2,3 etc. You just poke em out with your fingers and pop dot em. No stamping or coloring, can't beat it LOL

Heather Huggins said...

Wow beautiful.. Love that paper...

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Beautiful card, I love the border. Martha Stewart right?
Thanks for plying with DZDoodles.

Rosalien

Selma said...

This is so pretty. I love daisies. I can see why you won.

Loraine Arderne said...

Beautifull card - love sunflowers! Love the way you've threaded the ribbon.