Friday, August 5, 2011

Pink and Blue at Elphine House

Don't know what's wrong me but I keep hitting the wrong darn button and the post goes live before I'm ready.  Sorry!!

Challenge #2 at Elphine House and what a fun one it is and so easy peasy, Pink and Blue. There are so many different shades of each available for your own interpretation of pink/blue.  Only requirement to play along is that you must use an Elisabeth Bell image to qualify for the prize.  As long is it is drawn by Elisabeth it works for the challenge and you all know how much I love Elisabeth's images. One of my favorite NEW challenge blogs.

I'm trying to develop a style that I love with my own interpretation of that style, and boy, I'm finding it a little challenging, but I'll get there sooner or later. Think maybe a class on flower arranging and embellishing would work?? LOL

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - Beary Special
Stamptacular Sunday - Friends are Heaven Sent!
Anything Goes - (Metal Optional)

Onto the card deets and then I'm outta here until Monday except for getting around to visiting everyone for a little inspiration this weekend and to see all the wonderful, new creations by you, and then just to say "HI".  Things have been wild around here so I haven't gotten around as much I'd have liked lately but you'll see me this weekend for sure.
  • Elisabeth Bell Digital Pati's Kisses  Image colored with Copics - I love this one!
  • Older Sketch #41 from Sketch & Stash
  • Cheery Lynn Italian Die
  • MS Butterfly punch & Bough punch
  • Stickles and Viva Decor Pearl Pen
  • Flowers and lace from WOC, such beautiful flowers and lace
Thanks so very much for stopping by and if you have the time to leave me a comment you"ll be the first stop on my list for a visit.  Have a wonderful, fun, and amazing weekend!
"Love & Hugs" Carol

26 comments:

Patti J said...

Your card is beautiful! So glad to see you out here today! Hope that things might be on their way back to normal for you at home :) Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation...hugs!

Rufus said...

That is the cutest image! And I think your card is lovely. Hope that life is getting back to "normal" (is there really such a thing?) at your household.
Hugs,
R/

Chrissy said...

Carol, this is beautiful.What a lovely doily die. Gorgeous image and colouring...so pretty.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

hi hun oh this is one gorgeous card the colors layout and detail is just brilliant,just love the colors on this hope things are okay with you hun hugs cherylxxx

Lorraine said...

Very pretty! Love the colors, embellies and your coloring of that sweet EB image!

Patti P. said...

I don't think you need a bit of help in flower and embellie arranging, in fact you could teach the class. Love this EB image and her faded jeans. So pretty, tfs and hope your weekend is wonderful. It's been crazy here also, but will try and email soon.
Patti

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your flower arrangements ALWAYS look beautiful to me! This card is another example of that... GORGEOUS!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Carol. Such pretty colours and sweet image :o) Lisa x

Annika said...

oh, so rich and gloriously luxurious and detailed - love it!
Hugs
Annika

Olga said...

your card is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card Carol, all the details are so fabulous, so beautifully coloured.
Hugs Linda

Eulanda said...

Ooooooh I use to hate working with blue and pink but now I find it quite easy. And apparently so do you. This is really pretty!! I love that flower doily behind your image and those butterflies are gorgeous. Ooooooh love how you did her hair too. Fabulous card. Hugs!

Angelica said...

What an adorable card, that image is just darling, and you did such a gorgeous job on the coloring.

Chrissy said...

Hi! Carol..me again, this is the link to Bevs template...
http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/search/label/Template

She has done a video on this too, very easy to do when you use the template, such fun...

Luv CHRISSYxx

p.s. if you cant link it up let me know and we will sort something out!!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Carol - I hope all is well with you and yours. I love this card - the blue and pink work perfectly together, and I think you have already got your own "style" of working, which is absolutely wonderful.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxx

Renkata said...

hi dear Carol,
ohh wow this is really so cute card.
Love it.
Hug's
Renkata

Pat said...

Fabulous card Carol, beautiful image, and I love the colours and all the beautiful embellies.

Pat xx

Tracey said...

Hi Carol {waving} I hope you're having a good weekend hun.
This card is beautiful, I love the lacy doily & butterflies :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Teresa said...

Oh wow Carol this is a beauty! I do love your roses and butterflies. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, I do use copics, I couldn't get the hang on painting with distress inks I shall keep trying though. Have a lovely day, hugs Teresa xx

clare said...

such a gorgeous card. x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well you know i'll be checking THAT challenge out for sure!

this is absolutely gorgeous! love the butterfly and you marvel with pink & blue.

carol.... thank you so, so much for your support and your prayers. i feel your thoughts and hugs. i only hope that one day we could meet. you are truly special.

hugs :)

Kim said...

Awww Carol this is so adorable! I love this!!
Crafty Hugs~ Kim

Antoinette said...

Awwww this is exquisite Carol, I love this little Patti's Kisses image, one of my favs! Gorgeous filigree detail too! Hugs Annie xXx

denise said...

Cute cards, the kids and I are getting together to start on ours too. We don't have a very big list so it shouldn't be too hard.

Kathryn said...

Lovely! Love the soft colours you have chosen and all your lovely details. I think you might have linked to the wrong Anything Goes challenge, but your card qualifies for our theme - flowers!! you are most welcome! K x

Sue W said...

So sweet!