Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bells'n Whistles "Color" & Wild Orchid Crafts "Wings" Challenges

The challenge at Bells'n Whistles is a color challenge of Blue, Green, and White. You must use an Elizabeth Bell image to participate in the challenges. The challenge at Wild Orchid Crafts is "Wings" to be interpreted any way you choose.  Just received this adorable image from B'nW and thought it fit perfectly for both challenges.  There are some fantastic new Elizabeth Bell images at B'nW so if you missed the blog hop, jump on over and take a look.  If I'm going to use flowers on one of my projects they are always from Wild Orchid Crafts unless I make my own, and boy, I'm not very good at doing that....lol 

The DP is from Memory Box Fond package, the mat paper is a blue Bazzill, sorry I forgot to write down the name of it and Old Olive from SU.  All of the flowers and lace are from WOC with Stickles added for that bling I love so much.  The scroll (fluorish) was cut on my Cricut and those fab Stickles were added.  I used a Spellbinders die for the image background after cutting out the image and coloring with Copics.  I also cut the lily pad out and sprayed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist to give it some shine and adhered the cut out image to the lily pad and then the die.  This new image is named Lilypad Dreams and can be purchased here.  Isn't she just adorable!!!  The gems are from my stash and the stickles used were Star Dust.

Here is a close up of Lilypad Dreams


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like what you see and will leave me a comment so I can hop on over to your blog to see what's new and your lovely creations.
"Hugs" Carol (Granny)

27 comments:

Annika said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!! Loving the colours and your delicate, intricate design. And what a cute image!!
Hugs
Annika

Olga said...

WOW! This is absolutely beautiful!!! Love every thing you've done, the flower arrangement is gorgeous!

Patti P. said...

This is such a beautiful stamp and love all of your sparkle around her. Love the LO of your design and those flowers are gorgeous. Wonderful job on this one and wishing you good luck in the challenges.

Lorraine said...

Oh Carol, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the scene you created, your coloring of that sweet image and all of the detailing (love the shimmer/bling, flowers & trim). You rocked both challenges! and have me wondering about that cute cute stamp, lol.

Pat said...

Gorgeious card Carol, love the image and the way you have coloured it. Super flowers too.

Pat xx

*Vicki* said...

WOWZA Carol!!! This is soooo very stunning my dear!! LOVE your colors, design is elegant and I really adore how you've gotten her wings and the flower to pop right off the card!! Wonderful dear!! Thanks for joining us at BnW hun!! Have a great weekend!! Smiles, Vicki

Renkata said...

Carol, what have you created dear, wow such a magical fairy card.
Great home for this cutie.

Angelica said...

Oh my!!!! This is a work of art, such wonderful detial and coloring.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how fabulous! absolutely fabulous! oh believe me, the only reason i have a "stash" to post is because i keep MISSING the challenges!

are YOU plumrose lane???? because i absolutely LOVE my blog and it's from plumrose lane.

hugs :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is gorgeous! Love the blues and your flower arrangement is amazing!

Libby Streed said...

This card took my breath away. The color combo is perfect for this piece, which is delicate, elegant, and simultaneously precious. Thank you for sharing such a lovely card. (P.S.: Thank you for the incredibly kind note you left for me; it touched my heart.)

Lagene said...

Beautiful coloring, beautiful card!

Georgei said...

O MY GOD this is beautiful I like every thing on this card even the color WOW ,this is a very cute little girl like how you did this one thank for showing
have a good day
HUGS

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning card Carol - your colouring is awesome.
I do hope all went well with the eye surgery - thinking of you, hugs and love, Sylvia xxxx

Kathy said...

WOW Carol this is stunning!!! YOur flower arrangement is gorgeous and that image is so pretty and looks perfect surrounded like that!
Such pretty details too!
:)Kathy

Elise said...

Oh my gosh, wow wow wow! Absolutely stunning creation! And what beautiful colouring!! Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!

Hugs,
Elise

Eulanda said...

WOW!! This is so super pretty!! Love that bouquet of flowers you have going on in the corner. And such pretty lace too!! Hugs!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Carol, glad your eyes are better. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and your sweet words. It's been a pleasure to come here and see your gorgeous work. Loving this card, so beautifully detailed and coloured! Take care and have a great Easter.

otomys said...

This is a stunning card, Carol. The layout, image, colouring are breathtaking. You did a fantastic job.
Amelia x

Lynda Nielsen said...

Oh oh oh... This is absolutely BREATH TAKING.... The colors for this weeks challenge are beautiful with this sweet fairy, and your flowers look spectacular... AMAZING card Carol... I just LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing with us Belles 'n Whistles girls again this week.
Hugs,
Lynda

Janiel/ janny said...

Just popping in to thank you for entering my candy.
GOOD LUCK!!


BEAUTIUFL CARD!!!!
hugs, Janiel

Mandy said...

Wow granny Carol your card is stunning, I love the sweet image you've used and the flowers and lace are so pretty
hugs Mandy xx

Pinkllilac said...

Ob wow what a beautiful card Carole love the colours and the gorgeous design.
Hugs Linda

CardArTart said...

Such an adorable little fairy :)

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, this is beautiful. The image is stunning!

Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts 'Wings' Challenge.

Hugs, Mindy

Iris said...

OMG Carol this is stunning! BEAUTIFULLY colored. I love all the flowers and lace your added! Thanks for playing with us at BnW!

Hugs,
Iris

Kruemel said...

What a wonderful card! Love just everything about it!

A really beautiful card - love your layout and pick of papers!

Thanks for joining us at BnW Challenges this fortnight!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel