Sunday, January 23, 2011

Magical Monday Tic-Tac-Toe

What an awesome challenge by Nina of Paper Cupcakes this week.  AND, this is freebie week. I've included this adorable bird with envelope as part of my card.  It's really not the shape of a red bird but I didn't think blue would fit, so he's red today......... This challenge is a totally new concept for me as I'd never seen one of these Tic-Tac-Toe cards before.  This was really a fun card to make. Third time was a charm cuz I think I finally got it right......lol  Hope you don't mind me saying so but I really like this card. I'm bursting with ideas for doing another one soon with some unique options.

EDITED:  Okay, I screwed up and misinterpreted the challenge.
IT IS NOT A TIC-TAC-TOE CARD!
Please check out the challenge at Paper Cupcakes for the specifics.
I still like this card though and in a way it fits.

The design team have some really adorable cards to share with you this week so be sure you stop by Paper Cupcakes I know you don't want to miss seeing the wonderful inspiration the team have created for you.  Here are pictures of just the front and of the sentiment inside.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - Let's Get Sentimental
Tip Top Tuesday - WordArt Book and All Sentimental
7 Kids College Fund - Challenge Yourself
Stamp Something - Anything Goes


Card info:
  • DP is from DCWV Chio Bella.....I love this NEW paper pack!  Frame is Cranberry from CM
  • Card is 6" x 6" and the squares are cut 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
  • Bird Image is by Nina at Paper Cupcakes and colored with Copics R35, 37. 39, R000
  • Sentiment is WordARt from Nana Vic and the roses colored with Copics
  • Minature hearts were cut/embossed with Scalloped Hearts Spellbinder's Die
  • Lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the heart gem is from my stash
  • The flowers are from WOC  w/Star Dust Stickles and the fern is a MS punch
Sorry this has been such a long post but I didn't want to leave anything out.....actually, I guess I just like rambling sometimes.  Can't wait to see YOUR fantastic tic-tac-toe project and sure hope you will find it as much fun to make I did. Looking forward to you joing us in the challenge this week at Paper Cupcakes.  Don't forget to stop by and pick up your free digi bird and check out the DT cards.

Now if ya got enough energy left after reading all this I hope you'll leave me a comment so I'll come visit you soon. I always love reading what you have to say.
"Hugs" Carol (Granny)

24 comments:

Sue W said...

What a fabulous card!!! Love this one Carol!

Eulanda said...

Wow so pretty!! Looks like a lot of work!!! Love the tic tac toe idea. Hugs!

Olga said...

WOW! This is jaw dropping gorgeous! You have out done your self!

Georgei said...

Well Carol what do you want me to say this is BEAUTIFUL wow you went out on this one
I like every think on this card
your work is just beautiful
thank for showing LOVE IT
Have a good day

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers GF! This is totally awesome! Love the design, love the colors and love the images... your one talented lady!

Patti P. said...

Carol, this is so gorgeous....shouldn't have owned up to thinking it was suppose to look like a tic-tac-toe board....I just thought you were super creative to do this LO. You are right about the paper, to die for and love your birds, so pretty. One delicious card and thanks for sharing with us all.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Carol, this is so so gorgeous hun!! I love the fact that you actually took the challenge and made a tic-tac-toe board!! Very elegant!! :) HUGS

Anne said...

What a great card, lots of detail, so pretty.

Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card - love this 'tic-tac-toe' look - I've not heard of this before! Great effect. Amazing card...even if you did screw-up ;)

Thanks for joining in with us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'All Sentimental' challenge :)

Carol x

Cheryl said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love all the details you included.

Heather said...

very pretty. love the patch work look..

Selma said...

This is gorgeous Carol. I have never tried that type of card and you inspire me to do it.

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh my goodness......this is so pretty.....I love it....I wish I could make these cards....your is just stunning......beautiful job.....

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy moly carol! this is gorgeous!!!! wow!

hugs :)

Dianie said...

WOW what a beautiful card. Love it.

Shelly said...

This is one gorgeous card, Carol. So much beautiful detail.

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Carol.
luv
Debby

Lisa said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something and 7 Kids Challenges this week!

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! Fabulous layout.

Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Vanja

Davi said...

Wow this is awesome carol!! Love the tic tac toe look!!

Pat said...

Hi Carol,

Been really busy this week and only just getting round to the DT cards. You may not have interpreted the challenge correctly Carol but your card is absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it.

Pat xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a gorgeous card - so many beautiful details, it's lovely :o) Lisa x

Kim said...

Carol this is so beautiful! Love the tic-tac-toe and it's so elegant! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Nina said...

Carol, this card is just GORGEOUS! Beautiful and so elegant and so unique in the fact that you did the tic-tac-toe board! I honestly just adored it! I also love how we all interupt things and who would have guess you were challenged making it! Just beautifully done my friend!