Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just Because

This was suppose to be my first challenge card of the year, but guess what, it doesn't fit the the challenge I made it for so it's back to the drawing table.........LOL.

The sketch is by Bev for the WOC challenge (which I'm not entering just yet) and the card itself was suppose to be used for Bells'n Whistles - Let it snow, Snowflakes - It's an Elizabeth Bell image but not from Bells'n Whistles......DUH......That's what getting another day older does for ya..LOL

Card info:
  • Jingle Bells image by Elizabeth Bell from Sugar Nellie 08
  • Ticket from Nina at Paper Cupcakes
  • DP- BG Wassail, CM Cranberry, Card base is from Paper Temptress
  • Colored with Copics
  • Spellbinders dies, MS Snowflake Punch, Star Dust Stickles
I've had this image colored for heaven knows how long and sitting on my table so thought it would be a really good time to use it since it's more of a winter image.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll leave me a comment so I can come visit soon. "Hugs" Carol

14 comments:

Eulanda said...

Well it's a gorgeous winter card!! Love the snow you've used!! Can't wait to see the card you are suppose to have for the challenge!! LOL!

Patti J said...

Carol, I love this! It is so colorful, and cheerful! Love the snow too!!! Great job, my friend!

Patti said...

Cute,cute,cute! Super adorable! I really like it can you tell?

Wishcraft said...

Super sweet card Carol :o) Love the papers and image - don't think I've seen that one before. Fab sparkly details too. Lisa x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i hate when i get working on a card for a challenge and totally veer off to something else. this is still absolutely stunning!!!!

thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers for hubby. they definitely helped.

hugs :)

otomys said...

An adorable card, Carol. Your colouring is fabulous. Great job on this one!
Amelia X

Gina said...

I have done that before too. Great card, love the patterns and those snowflakes are great too!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card Carol - love the snow effect and the adorable image. Will pop back again to see your Bells 'n Whistles card! (The names are soooo similar I would have probably done the same as you Carol)! At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter - it's all about sharing with friends, and you have those in abundance.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Rach said...

love this card Carol and i love this image also.
Brilliant work..
thank you for your sweet comment you left for me.. hugs Rachx

Mandy said...

Hey Granny Carol, and a belated Happy New Year to you.
Your card is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and your snow looks fab
hugs Mandy xx

marsha said...

Carol, I love this - what an adorable image! I love the patchwork of colors and that cute ticket sentiment - great job! I went shopping at HL and Michael's yesterday, but not much there I wanted, and that's a first! Happy New Year to you!
Hugs,
Marsha

*Vicki* said...

Well even though it didn't quite fit for what you were wanting, I think it's just DARLING Carol!! :) I love your coloring and wonderful layout!! :) Hope your hubby will get better soon and you catch up on some sleep!! BIG HUGS

Heather said...

adorable.. Even if it didn't match the challenge. I haven't even had a chance to plug in my vagabond yet, but when I do I'll try out the spellbinder dies..make directions

Cheryl said...

very cute! I love how you colored this image.